2016 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods
The 2016 List of Prohibited Substances and Methods is now available. This List took effect on January 1, 2016.
New List 2016 (English) https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws.com/resources/files/wada-2016-prohibited-list-en.pdf
Noteworthy changes compared to the 2015 List include:
Substances and Methods Prohibited at all times (In- and Out-of-Competition)
S2: Peptide hormones, Growth Factors, Related Substances and Mimetics
• Leuprorelin replaced triptorelin as a more universal example of a chorionic gonadotrophin and luteinizing hormone-releasing factor.
S4. Hormone and Metabolic Modulators
• Insulin-mimetics were added to the List to include all insulin-receptor agonists.
• Meldonium (Mildronate) was added because of evidence of its use by athletes with the intention of enhancing performance.
S5. Diuretics and Masking Agents
• It was clarified that the ophthalmic use of carbonic anhydrase inhibitors is permitted.
Substances and Methods Prohibited In-Competition
• It was clarified that clonidine is permitted.
Substances prohibited in particular sports
• After consideration of the Federation International de Motocyclisme (FIM)’s request, their Federation was removed from the list of sports prohibiting alcohol as a doping agent.
• Meldonium was removed from the Monitoring Program and added to the Prohibited List.
• Hydrocodone, morphine/codeine ratio and tapentadol were removed from the Monitoring Program.
May 23, 2017
May 22, 2017
May 14, 2017
May 10, 2017
Apr 7, 2017
Apr 6, 2017